Friday, May 22, 2009

My first Adobe Flex app - DZone RSS reader widget

I'm playing with Adobe Flex at this moment and want to share some impressions about Flex. To be short... Flex is definitively great ! I'm really hate Flash banners (Ablock Plus rock solid, besides) but Flex is pleasant instrument. Without any previous Flash experience I was able to create simple, but I hope interesting application - DZone RSS reader widget. It fetches RSS feed from dzone, and show items. Items are clickable, a little bit more detailed description is showed in pretty tooltip. You can list rss items, 10 per "page". There are 25 items at dzone rss, so pagination is needed. You can see it in action here.

The sad part of story is that my app doesnt works in IE 6 (or IE 7 too ?) but in FF3 all is OK. As for me it's strange... the same app, but behaviour is different. I'm getting this error message:

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: http://feeds.dzone.com/dzone/frontpage"]
I have no idea why. Maybe some IE specific security manager, or something like that ? In FF3 all is OK... So, if you have some idea about resolving this issue, give me a sign, please. I hope it's something minor... If somebody become interested in this, I will share the source, it's something about 300 loc.

Source code is here

1 comment:

Vengu said...

you gotto give use-network=false in your flex compiler options.