Monday, March 12, 2007

Maven2 : to be or not to be ?

I'm using Ant as a build system and very happy :) But I see that more and more people switching to Maven 2. Maybe it is make sense to do such migration for a team of developers... but I'm not sure how about standalone developer (me). According to maven people, one of maven advantages is that pom.xml is rather shorter than equivalent build.xml. OK. But, friendly speaking, I haven't a lot of issues with dependencies and versions of third-party jars. I'm not sure that listing jars from a to z is easier than setting classpath in build.xml

But... declarative project management sounds cool. Reports, site generation, JUnit reports. I'll give it a try. Lets see how I can benefit from using "Convention Over Configuration" concept.

No comments: